Review: Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture Coconut + Milk Shampoo, Conditioner and Weightless Oil Mist


I bet you thought that they were smoothies at first, and you're wondering why they would be on the blog. Ah ha! They aren't smoothies! Maui Moisture is actually a haircare brand, and I've been using this duo on my hair for a while, and I'm pretty excited to talk about them! The Nourish & Moisture Coconut + Milk Shampoo and Conditioner are appropriate for dry hair, and mine has been loving them!


According to their website,"Maui Moisture was inspired by handpicked and handcrafted ingredients that can be found on tropical islands like Maui." There are a total of 6 ranges to suit a lot of different hair types and textures. Maui Moisture includes a blend of aloe vera juice infused with pure coconut water in each shampoo and conditioner - definitely a good start for my scalp!


Let's start with the shampoo - this has a medium consistency, and it is relatively easy to get it out of the bottle. It lathers up relatively well and feels oddly moisturising while cleaning the hair. After washing it out, my hair doesn't feel particularly dry, which I really like, because that's while my hair is still wet and waiting for the conditioner to go onto it. It makes me feel like my hair isn't being dried out by the shampoo and stripping back the oils too much. 

The conditioner is extremely thick, and unfortunately, given the stiff nature of the bottle, I found it almost impossible to get the conditioner out without actually removing the cap. I managed it once by applying pressure with both hands and squeezing it out onto my head, but didn't even get very much out of it by doing that. That said, it's worth a bit of effort, because this did make my hair feel really nourished and soft. These do have a bit of a coconut scent to it, but nothing I really picked up on, and I have a serious aversion to coconut smells! These retails for $19.99 for 385 ml each.


The real winner, though, is the Weightless Oil Mist, which comes in a clear blue spray bottle containing 125 ml of product. This stuff lives up to it's name! The first time I used this, I honestly didn't think that I got very much on my hair - it didn't feel like it at all. That said, when it dried down, I found that my hair was actually heavy with oil, but didn't actually have that oily, greasy feel to it, if you know what I mean. Well, I ended up having to titrate it down to 3 sprays in total, and can I just say, you should buy this for the smell alone! I don't know what it is about this particular coconut scent, but I seriously can't get enough of it! I even catch myself sniffing my hair throughout the day. This also retails for $19.99.

You can find Maui Moisture at Priceline - make sure you check it out!

Which range would you go for? Does this sound like a brand you'd like to try?

*These product were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts