Review: Max Factor Summer Glow Collection


Max Factor is definitely one of those brands that everyone I know has tried before (one of my friends swears by their mascara), but not one that was heavily on my radar, save a couple of tried and tested products. However, that all changed when I was given the opportunity to try out some of their newest offerings, which are fast becoming staples in my daily routine!



As part of their Summer Glow Collection, Max Factor released three key pieces, including:
1) Limited Edition Masterpiece Nude Palette in Rose Nude
2) Creme Bronze in two shades, including 10 Bronze (pictured)
3) Colour Elixir Lipstick in Angel Pink

The lipstick comes housed in a gold and transparent casing, which makes determining the colour of the lipstick easy. This has a bit of almost metallic sheen to it, and the texture of the lipstick is incredibly creamy. It spreads well, but also means that it doesn't leave any pigment on my lips once I eat or drink, sadly. It's perhaps a touch too bright for me, but a colour that I think would be great this season when out and about, perfect as part of a festival or picnic. It really does brighten up a look, however, and is great for a pop of colour.


Their Creme Bronzer is, not as the name would suggest, creme, but rather, a densely packed solid powder. When it comes to bronzers, I have been consistently impressed by Max Factor, and I'm happy to report that this is no exception! If you're after a bronzer that lends a glow to the skin, adding a bit of sparkle, then this would be right up your alley! I love how warm my skin looks when I've brushed this on - a definite Summer staple!


As always, I have left the best part of the collection to last! The limited edition Masterpiece Nude Palette in Rose Nudes has become a daily bit of makeup for me, and it's not hard to see why! With a mix of matte and shimmer shades, these 8 strips are easy on the eyes (geddit?), allowing me to wear it as part of my professional 'day face', while the darker shades give me a bit of wriggle room to smoke it up. 

The colours blend relatively well, and they are also more pigmented than I initially gave them credit for, so don't do what I did to begin with, which was not tap the brush prior to applying it! I've used this so often that there are two shades already showing quite obvious wear and tear, and it's small enough to fit into the bag for travelling and also for use on the go - definitely a bonus!

Check out the collection in store where Max Factor is stored - if you can only pick one product from the range, my recommendation is the eyeshadow palette!

What have you tried from Max Factor? Have you grabbed anything from the collection?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts