Review: BYS Cosmetics Essentials Exposed


BYS has been seriously bringing the goods, and can I just say - AMEN! Their products have a fabulous price point, and did you know that they also have special effects (SFX) type makeup? Pretty impressive, am I right?

That said, nothing is perfect, and I do experience a bit of fall out with some of their palettes and occasionally, some of their colours take a little more work to blend or work, but for what you pay, I feel like it's well worth it! The real question here, however, is how does the stunning newly released Essentials Exposed palette perform?


Firstly, can we just appreciate how gorgeous it is? I love that this palette is just right for travel! There are 6 eyeshadow shades, a bronzer, 2 highlighters, 2 blushes, 2 brow shades and a brow wax. That is your entire face right there! I am crushing on the fact that the eyeshadow shades are all matte, aside from one shimmer colour - a definite yay, as matte shades are necessary for deepening the crease!

The bronzer, however, has a little more shimmer in it than I would normally wear. I have experienced a bit of fall out with the eyeshadow shades, as well as the bronzer, which is a little problematic, given that the bronzer is right next to the eyebrow wax. Patting the bronzer with a brush rather than swiping over it helps reduce the fall out. I do love that the eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, however, and that they blend amazingly well.

I think it's great that there's the inclusion of a big mirror, but sadly, the mirror in my palette looks more like it belongs in a funhouse than in a gorgeous silver tin for makeup application, as it has a little wave in it that makes my reflection look a little funny.


As for the blushes, I prefer to wear them together to get a peachier effect. While I'm more of a rose goldie/peachy blush girl, I can appreciate that not everyone is, and these two colours are a little more flattering over a range of skin tones. Just beware - these are more pigmented than you can imagine, so use a light hand when you're applying it. I can't fault the highlighters - those babies create a beautiful glow, and they can be dusted on really easily.

For the brow shades, you'll find a dark brown and a medium brown, and the only downside to this is really that girls with fair hair may struggle with this a little bit. This also comes with a double sided brush, which has a nice fluffy side on one end, and a slanted, more densely packed brush on the other.


I love that this works quite well overall, and that you can create a few different looks with this! This would be appropriate for travel, or to stash at work for the moments when you need a touch up. It retails for $29.95, and you can find it both instore and online over here.

What have you tried by BYS? What's your favourite product by them?


*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts