FOTD ft Rimmel, L'Oreal, Gilded Cage, Scout, Sleek, Maybelline and Face of Australia


I'm sure I'm not the only person with runaway makeup days, where I'm aiming for something simple, then spontaneously decide that I might want to jazz things up with a bit of glitter and shimmer, and oh wait, what about that new metallic plum lipstick, but also contouring and highlighting with the neglected palette... And before you know it, BAM, you're wearing makeup that's more suitable for Mardi Gras night than heading to a casual brunch. To help solve that problem, I'm going to walk you through a simple, but pretty, makeup look that can take you from casual brunch to a couple of cocktails.



Starting with #Insta Flawless by Rimmel * as my base for a bit of a glow, I then reached for the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion * to go over that. A light bit of contouring with my Face of Australia Glamazon palette to enhance my cheekbones first, followed by NARS blush in Orgasm for some colour. To finish off the cheeks, I dusted a small amount of highlighter (top right) from the Solstice Highlighter palette by Sleek for that pearly sheen. 


For the eyes, I used three colours from the bottom row of the MUA Ever After Matte Palette, starting with the second shade from the left as my base, before going over half the lid with the colour to it's right, then adding a little blue to darken the crease. I also used the third shade from the left on my waterline. Marc Jacobs' Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Wavelength was used to trace just along the lashline. I then applied a light amount of the Scout Cosmetics Eyeshadow in LA Woman * over the lids, before putting on about 3 coats of the new Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara *.


For the brows, all I used was my Benefit Gimme brow, which is a daily staple for me. To finish, I reached for my Gilded Cage Charisma Lipgloss in Aurora *.


Simple, but certainly pretty enough to carry through to a nice evening out for a couple of drinks! 

How do you keep things simple when applying makeup?

* These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts