Hand Creams: Soft Paws For Days


As we are currently in a transitional phase, my hands are constantly drying out. That said, I'm combating the sandpaperiness of my skin with some hand creams, and here's what's currently on rotation:

1) L'Occitane Roses et Reines - I'm a bit of a sucker for L'Occitane hand creams and why not? They are always so beautifully scented and you can get them in a variety of sizes. This one smells, as the name would suggest, deeply of roses and the consistency is that of toothpaste when it comes out of the tube. Word of warning to those new to L'Occitane, however, be careful with those fiddly lids!

2) Rosehip by Essano Hand Creme - Of all the products by Rosehip by Essano, this may be the one that I'm the least sure of. This comes out as a watery/thickish consistency in that it comes out as a cream, that then becomes watery, and ends up feeling like it's covering my hands in a bit of a film, rather than actually softening or hydrating my skin. Not one that I'll probably be repurchasing, but one that I use in conjunction with another hand cream.

3) Nivea Hand Fluid Express Hydration - This is probably the thinnest of all the hand creams I'm using right now. It's great for the hot days, when you don't need much, but not one you'd reach for during Winter, per say. It does have a fabulous scent to it, though.

4) Soap and Glory Hand Food - I love this hand cream! It has the right consistency for my skin, kind of like a body butter, and while it's thick, it does get absorbed eventually. It also has quite a yummy scent. Definitely something I'd get again!

5) Philosophy Hands of Hope - This has a medium consistency and spreads very nicely on the skin. I'm not sure how to describe the scent, aside from expressing disappointment that it doesn't have much to it, as I do love the scent of Philosophy products! This one does hydrate my skin nicely, and my skin does softer for using it.

And that's everything I've currently on my bedside table! What are you reaching for at night?

Comments

  1. I wish they would just make flip lids for hand creams! It would be so much easier to use! I love L'Occitane hand creams and Hand Food is awesome too! I have the Lanolips hand cream at night and a Jurlique one at work for the day.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, the number of times those little L'Occitane caps have rolled away from me...

      Delete
  2. L'Occitane Roses et Reines is one of my favorites products!
    Thanks for share with us darling this lovely post about hand creams
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100%, sucker for loccitane but those lids are a nightmare after you've got a lovely layer of thick handcream on

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats the quality like loccitane hand cream but those pesky lids are annoying and this what stops me from buying them as I lose the lids down so tight gap, like in the car!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts