Review: Dirty Works Coconut Scrub and Coconut Body Butter *


Happy Wednesday! I'm not one to use the term hump day, because I'm not a big fan of that term (because the first thing I always think of is - gross!), but hey, if that's what you like to say, then, as long as you're happy!

I digress...



For a little something to help get over the week, here are two little helpers from Dirty Works! Hailing originally from the UK, Dirty Works has quite a range of products, and I was recently given the chance to try out their Coconut Scrub and Coconut Body Butter.

I have used a few of their products before, their Glow Girl! Buttery Salt Scrub being one of the best scrubs I've tried, but always steered clear of the coconut scented products, not being a huge fan of coconut based items. I will say, however, that I'm continually being surprised by how many coconut scented products I actually do like - it's just a strange aversion in my head.

I can happily say that it's certainly the case here - these babies are just beautiful!


The Coconut Scrub has the slogan 'Life's a Beach' splashed across the front, and contains 200 ml of product in a purple flip lid tube, which makes it easy to get the product out. This has enough granules per dollop to make a difference to actually exfoliating, and does facilitate a decent scrub.

Infused with coconut oil and walnut shell, this lovely scrub also has a gentle, and not overwhelming, scent of coconut. Enough to make me think about the beach, and not like I'm floating in a sea of coconuts. 

This thick scrub retails for $7.95.


The Coconut Body Butter has a thick, creamy batter like consistency, and the first thing that I thought of when I opened the tub was coconut cream cakes - actually kinda yummy! It doesn't linger quite as long on the skin as I thought it would either.

I wouldn't, however, recommend putting any of this into your mouth, but highly advise that you go wild slathering this on your body! It goes on the skin a creamy white initially, but keep rubbing away, and it does get absorbed quite nicely.

This comes in a round tub with a screw top that contains 300 ml of product.

This can be found for $8.95.



For those not in the know, Dirty Works is a budget friendly, cruelty free brand (yay!) that can be found in Coles and Target, which is great, because Target often has sales when it comes to toiletries and beauty products! 

With their cute 50s style labels and adorable slogans, not to mention their low price points, they are worth checking out the next time you see them on the shelves. 

Have you tried any Dirty Works products before? Would you prefer the coconut scent products over their usual range?

* These products were provided for my consideration, but my opinions, as always, are my own

Comments

  1. haha 'hump day'. you're funny :)
    I still haven't tried any Dirty Works products, anything that makes you think of a beach sounds great in this freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts