Review: Shanghai Suzy Lipsticks and Swatches!


Happy Tuesday! Today, I want to highlight a new brand that I'm loving (and trying very hard NOT to buy more of). Shanghai Suzy is a Melbourne based cruelty free (yay!) lippie brand, and it's been popping up on Instagram a lot recently.

For those who would like to find me on Instagram, hop over to it and you can reach me at temporaryprincess. 

But! Less about me, more about Shanghai Suzy! I did a big order recently, getting a few as presents for some of my nearest and dearest, because, let's face it, if you found something awesome, you'd like to spread the word, wouldn't you? And that's exactly what I'm doing here!


I now have a total of 5 lippies by Shanghai Suzy in my collection, and this was kickstarted by an innocent order on the BellaBox website, when I was looking to spend the points accumulated by my subscription recently, which then escalated to this! 

Miss Kitty Black Plum; Miss Georgina Pink Plum, Miss Hannah Blood Red; Miss Tegan Cherry; The Gossling Lippie

How gorgeous are these shades? Miss Kitty and Miss Tegan have a matte finish, while Miss Georgina, Miss Hannah and The Gossling, which is a limited edition lipstick, have a bit of a glossy finish, and the formula is written as 'Nourish' at the bottom of the case.


The Gossling is a bright, coral/orange shade. I had a bit of a start when I opened this, and I wasn't sure that this would be my thing, but wouldn't you know, it's actually really gorgeous on!


Miss Tegan is a bright cherry red that has an orange base. This is good for days when I want a bright red to cheer up an outfit.


Miss Hannah is my absolute favourite of the lot! This is a true blood red on my lips, and is blue based, which makes my teeth look whiter than they are, and this is just a delicious colour!


Ahh, Miss Georgina, the lippie who started the domino process. I was having a moment of box envy, having received something else instead of a Shanghai Suzy, and decided to get this one. I'm so glad I did! This is a purple-ish pink shade that has a bit of a glossy finish. I've been wearing this with green on the lids.


Miss Kitty is a dark brown/red, which reminds me a lot of my witchy/not so gothy phase back in the 90's (did anyone else go through that?), and this is a colour I've always loved, so it's great to see a beautiful revamped version of this shade.

Miss Kitty Black Plum; Miss Georgina Pink Plum, Miss Hannah Blood Red; Miss Tegan Cherry; The Gossling Lippie

These all have a bit of a grape scent, which reminds me of grape bubblegum, and I don't find that this lasts around for long. Additionally, this also doesn't tend to end up drying out my lips, making them uncomfortably patchy.

All the swatches above were done with only one swipe of the lippie. Highly pigmented and wears well on the lips, this line is definitely an excellent bargain.

For those looking for more information on Shanghai Suzy and stockists, have a look over here. They retail for $12.95 a pop, but there are ongoing deals online, where you can get 8 of them for $65, including shipping! 

Have you tried any Shanghai Suzy lippies before? What's your favourite shade?

Comments

  1. Love these colours, they look stunning. These lippies sound fab, I'm trying not to buy any because I'll probably get addicted like I am with MAC lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's cruelty free AND so much cheaper! Go on, Sarah, you know you want to!

      Delete
  2. Great choice of colours!! I recently bought Miss Georgina and Miss Hannah too! Blog post coming soon!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, lovely colours there! I love lipsticks hehe.

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always look great with bold colours! I don't wear a lot of lipstick and have quite a collection piling up, but I'm so tempted to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily! I'm way more into colours now than I was when I was younger!

      Delete
  5. they all look gorgeous! And I agree with Lily, you look great with a bold lip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Georgina started this obsession!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts