Review: Babyfoot Exfoliation Treatment - WARNING! You'll see peeling feet!


 
For anyone who hasn't heard of Babyfoot, you can find more information here. It's a foot exfoliant that is made of fruit acid, and while you can rub your feet with your hands when they are wet (and you should be getting them wet daily), you are not to use a pumice stone with it.
 
Ok, so I'll be the first to admit that my feet AREN'T pretty. Unfortunately, in my family, bunions seem to be the norm, and there's an inverse correlation where the younger you are, the bigger they seem, so being the third child, well, let's just say you can see for yourself!

Please be warned that I am about to show you some pictures that aren't terribly pretty, and that they might gross you out a little, in which case, I'm so sorry to do this to you, but I've been asked!

To begin with, I put my little feet into the booties with gooey stuff in it. I then placed socks over them and waited! I didn't really sit super still with them on for the 2 hours - I actually squidged around a bit, and even did a dance with them on to prove to Mr Prince that I could.

 
Here's what it looked like about a day afterwards. It was like wearing someone else's skin - like a blister layer you could just about almost slide over the skin beneath, if you know what I mean. Unnecessarily descriptive, I know. In general, they were just softer.
 
 
About 3 days later, I could see some peeling from the heels and ball of my feet. You're not actually supposed to use anything to exfoliate your feet while this is happening, but because there is a lot of friction just in walking everywhere and wearing socks, that in itself helps quite a bit.

 
Check out the top of my foot peeling!

 
Even the side of my toe!

 
And BAM! Day 5 brought this - peeling from the toes, between the toes and ball of my feet.




And there you have it! Overall, while I was quite satisfied with how this panned out, I will admit to being secretly disappointed that there wasn't more peeling. The Babyfoot didn't affect the nail polish at all, which was good, and it took about 7 - 9 days for my skin to stop peeling.

Have you used it before? Were you happy with it? If you haven't, have you been thinking of giving it a go?

Comments

  1. still thinking I'll save mine until next year!! it'd be just my luck to have massive peeling and the need to wear thongs happening at the same time!! thanks for the review and pics... can't guarantee that I'll be posting any before and afters of my feet :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Just thought I'd warn everyone! It's not pretty, but it was certainly soft!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts